Chromium De Novo Assembly
Supernova, printed on 08/14/2022
Release Notes for 1.2
- Properly ignore SIGHUP when a pipeline is run using nohup.
- Fix issue where pipeline would crash on short reads.
- Improved support and validation of command line input values.
- Fix several cases where, after
mrp (which is invoked by
supernova) gets killed, it was not able to restart correctly.
- If the run fails, instead of just displaying a message pointing the user to the relevant
_errors file, the contents of that file is printed.
- On automatic retry of failed stages, the reason for the original failure is logged.
mrp is now more resilient against certain kinds of filesystem errors.
- In the event of certain types of filesystem problems (such as permissions errors or disk quota),
supernova should now sometimes be able to provide more useful and immediate error messages.
- Additional information about the environment supernova runs in is now logged and included in
- Now supports
--overrides method to dynamically change additional CPU and memory per stage.
- Memory requirement for 1.2B human reads reduced from 384 GB to 244 GB.
- With 28 cores, assembles 1.2B human reads in under 60 hours.
- --bcfrac feature allows subsampling of reads by barcode.
- Algorithmic changes to avoid some stalls that were seen on certain non-human genomes.